Monday 3 August 2009

Nelly Furtado talks about her new album and reteaming with Timbaland


Has making Mi Plan helped with your English language songwriting?
Yes! Yes! It cured my writer’s block in a way. I would love to do another Spanish record, but I’m also writing an English album. Timbaland and I hooked up in the studio about three months ago and we wrote 20 songs in two days. It was really inspired. I think maybe some of that material will be on my English album. I also worked with (producer) Salaam Remi on this Spanish project. He’s worked with Amy Winehouse. He and I have a really good connection as well, so maybe more stuff with him.

Read the rest here..

7 Comment(s):

Frederick said...

lol finally the story got thru to you guys. this is good news lol i was just listening to loose. amazing.

Anonymous said...

her spanish shit needs to flop, then she won't be thinking of doing it again in the future...

Anonymous said...

Her spanish stuff has and will flop...when will artists learn...after u worked with timbo for an album and u try to go with another producer ur terrible ie: missy,ginuwine,brandy,kiley dean,bubba sparxxx,ms jade,shelby norman...I could keep going on for days with this list....
Anyway,yeah if u had the best don't go downhill...

Frederick said...

lol word. Nelly herself did say she wrote in simplified Spanish, i mean she learned it when she was 14. nobody's checkin for Nelly's Spanish material tho, unless we're talkin no hay igual (prod by timbaland)

Anonymous said...

and yeah fred even that track gets a nice healthy fast forward button from me...

Black Arrow said...

I don't think she'll flop THAT much with the spanish album. She already had much success before she collaborated with Timbo.
But really good to hear that she's going back Tim. though I don't think he will produce nearly the whole album like he and Danja did with "Loose".

Frederick said...

lmfao you crack me up timnmagoo!!! that's probably my least fav tim track from the whole album, for some reason

and it's unfortunate, if nelly finds someone else she clicks with she might run with them for the album too, leading to a jay-z like competition to get placements. but i have faith in nelly and her vibe with tim. she won't at least steal tim's sound and run with it like JT did with Rob Knox