Tuesday 13 April 2010

Ginuwine on Timbo



Check out this VIBE magazine article, Ginuwine give his opinion on Timbaland of late.

Any student of the ’90s remembers the catchy hits that emerged from Timbaland’s early R&B work with the likes of Aaliyah, Missy Elliott and Ginuwine. The Virginia producer helmed the majority of Ginuwine’s 1996 debut, Ginuwine…The Bachelor, including the No. 1 hit “Pony.”

Years later, their relationship is now fractured, according to Ginuwine. But that doesn’t stop the singer from supporting his former mentor in VIBE’s Best Producer of All Time contest. Timbaland is the No. 1 seed, up against Polow Da Don in the first round in the Mass Appeal category.

“He really hasn’t been interested in working with me, so I can’t speak on the present,” Ginuwine tells VIBE of Timbaland. “But back in the days, it spoke for itself as far as him being the most sought after producer. Music was boring until he came out with that new sound. Back then, I would have described it as futuristic because it was something that had not been done and people jumped on it. If it wasn’t for him making that style as hot as it is, a lot of producers that’s out now maybe wouldn’t even be here.”

The singer adds that he’s still upset at Timbaland for not supporting him promotionally on his 2009 project, A Man’s Thoughts, despite producing a song for the album.

“Me and Tim were real close at one point. A lot of the times that I reached out, there were a bunch of excuses,” explains Ginuwine. “I begged and pleaded with him because I felt a certain way but I was like, is it just a bad vibe that I’m picking up on? Maybe I’m bugging out, I don’t know. But it came out to be true and I still feel like he owes me an apology for that. The reason I’m pissed off at him now is because of what he did. I would’ve been cool and not bothered him if he would’ve said, ‘Nah, I’m too busy,’ or gave me the lame excuse like he’s been giving me. But don’t do it and then not do what you’re supposed to do [to promote the song].”


Let us know your thoughts.

Props to Mamoun and TCC


[BONUS]

check out Brandy's Blog over at VIBE

6 Comment(s):

BlueStateWatchdog said...

You mad foul for this Timbo....mad foul

Unknown said...

yea what an idiot tim. fucking sort your shit out blad

MeSouth said...

Timbo says "yes" to everyone and rejects old friends. He ain't got any style anymore.

Haze said...

remember people this is Ginuwines side to the story. We dont know Timbo's side yet.

Venture said...

I was about to say... this is G's side of the story. Lets hear Tim's. If we don't, then I don't blame you all's words.

My opinion? Obviously I can't be like "oh fuck timbo" cause he may be my boss one day. lol I do think this situation, however it happened is fu**** up though. I'm POSITIVE Aaliyah would not like this lack of communication\lack of support\etc... This isn't right. G could be:

a)lying
b)telling partial truth
c)telling the truth, but leaving out his own actions that caused it (b)
(D) TELLING THE TRUTH...

I'm not sure yet... but I don't see G as a lier.

And like I said... WHATEVER is going on... Aaliyah definitely WOULD NOT LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whomever is the child in this situation needs to man up and be a man.

Unknown said...

Man, this is a damn shame,....a damn shame!!! Hope for Tim's sake it aint true.