Saturday 8 August 2009

Kevin Cossom feat. Snoop Dogg - "Relax" (prod. by Danja)



























Man, what a birthday present (hmm, who has b-day? *hint hint*^^). Kevin Cossom's first single.
Just "Relax" and listen to it:

Kevin Cossom feat. Snoop Dogg - "Relax" (prod. by Danja):

Link(listen/dl)

I didn't know that Snoop Dogg gonna be at it...wow. Seems KC will have some major artist support on his debut album!

What do you think?

29 Comment(s):

Haze said...

very nice track, i am looking forward to KC's album...

Anonymous said...

omg this sounds nicee!!! DANJAA!

Anonymous said...

i love danjas snap sounds he has

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! NEED I SAY MORE?!!!! LOVE DANJA!!! LOVE KC!!! LOVE THIS SINGLE!!!! Has hit potential! I wanna see this climb the charts! been checkin for Kevin Cossom now for a minute ever since he first signed to N.A.R.S. and dropped Say Cheese from the Step Up 2 soundtrack. BIG Things ya'll! looking forward to that debut album coming real soon!!!!!

Venture said...

This actually sounds good. Good job KC and Danja. Snoop, boy you already know!

I swear me and KC need to do a track together. For the love of God... that would be quite the listen!

Frederick said...

Ditto SShearer.

Check for a snippet of another Kevin Cossom track, "Remember the Feeling" later on

Moe said...

Thumbs UP!

N.L.O said...

first i wanna say; Happy Birthday Arrow!!!! :D

second: not feelin much the song :/ t4p

N.L.O said...

oh i'm lovin the synth at the end :O
want the instrumental!!!!!

Big-A said...

my brother also had b-day yesterday

Big-A said...

the song itself is just ok. dude's voice is way too much computerized for my taste. I think they did also some pitch correction on his vocals too. he's just too clean and artificial. so to speak more of a studio singer. I would need to hear him live. would love to second what I just said.

Black Arrow said...

@Big-A: Jap, I hear it now too at some points. There will probably a Promo Cd coming out with instrumental and acapella 'cause it's his single. We'll hear that clearly just with the vocals.
Und Alles Gute nachträglich für deinen Bruder!! ;)

Frederick said...

Actually I wasn't feeling the Instrumental, because it was like a Danja, meet Danja kind of thing. Same sounds as the last single, Knock You Down. There are instances where producers like Stargate, RedOne and Tricky Stewart use the same sounds, but at least it doesn't take over their songs to the point of being incessant. And, Snoop didn't fit the song as well as someone else could have.

Black Arrow said...

yeah, I noticed it too that he is using some sounds and synths very often in his beats. That's why I think it's good for him to work with Timbo because Timbo has this crazy ass sound library Danja can make his magic with his melodies. And Timbo's Drums on top of that is just...whoa..

Venture said...

Some producers like to... actually it was Danja that said he would use a sound more than once until a track that hosts that particular sound hits the radio or games some kind of notoriety. Maybe this was made before "Knock You Down"? You know?

But nonetheless, I don't do that as a producer... you will never hear two of my tracks back to back and hear one thing and be like "thats Venture's track" from one particular sound. And if I do use the same sound, I will process it to make it sound like a heavy variation. Danja's concept isn't wrong. Every composer has their own rule, ya know?

I like this song. Let see how it stacks on the charts?

Black Arrow said...

yeah, I remember Danja sayin on one interview that he's makin a lot of tracks with one sound. I think he even said that he did around 50 beats with that gated synth of JT's "My Love".
"Relax" was made some time in june. I remember Marcella tweetin s.th. about it.

KC REALLY needs to spread his name somehow..because now, I can't really see him on the top of the charts. Not because I don't like his music, but because his music somehow doesn't spread around the internet as it should...

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let The Timbaland Buzz know... This song was mixed by The Incredible Lago... and I (Edward "PoetED" Sanders, Jr.) was the Assistant Mix Engineer. hahaha!!! just had to throw that out there...

Black Arrow said...

^Uuuuhh, someone wants to show off LOL!!
nah, for real now. That's awesome man!! Lago and you (and of course Danja) did a great job there.
Keep on doing that on KC's album and on Shock Value 2! ;)

Anonymous said...

Id beat kc. Hes fine lol..

Venture said...

Aayize! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Frederick said...

LOL well, i listened to the track in the car, and it's fire. Just gotta hear a Danja song with some real bass for it to resonate in your mind. I ALWAYS do this with Danja tracks, hear em in the car and they knock me down.

Anonymous said...

lmao wat all the no's for venture? lol..

Anonymous said...

you aint beatn KC on my watch foo! lol

Anonymous said...

"..... but because his music somehow doesn't spread around the internet as it should..."

his music doesn't need to spread at all, cuz he isn't anything special. just another r`n´b n188a... like Mario.
only difference is that he fuckz with Danja, and not with Stargate n shit like that

Anonymous said...

im not gonna beat him. im just gonna make him sing "birthday sex" to me in a speedo.

Alex said...

I'm obsessed with Danja, but this track is just okay for me. And I like some Kevin Cossom tracks. "Late Night" is a favorite. However, I don't see anything special about him by himself. Just another singer to me.

And lol at someone saying the assistant engineering was showing off when Venture sits there and talks about himself in at least half his posts. Which is REALLY annoying, and I mean no offense to you, Venture. But seriously, man. I come here to read about and read comments about Timbaland, Danja, and crew, not listen to you talk about yourself.

Alex said...

And of course his vocals are pitch-corrected. Practically all, if not literally all mainstream vocal tracks you hear are pitch-corrected. It's just that the amount varies, and people's ears are so used to it that most have no idea that they're listening to pitch-correction. Some engineers slap it on quickly and noticeably, and others are more tasteful and discreet about it.

Venture said...

Wow... some people pay attention to the wrongest things, instead of the focus of things.

Please boy...

And PoetED is not showing off, Black Arrow was just kidding with him, we are all cool together, so please know the situation and the people before you run off at the yaps.

No offense taken. My ego is just like that. :)

POW

Anonymous said...

Venture, what do you mean people pay attention to the wrongest things? If something catches a person's attention, why wouldn't they mention it? Just because you're not paying attention doesn't mean other people can't.

And you need to check the ego. That shit is ridiculous.