Friday 27 November 2009

Timbaland Interview about SV2

13 Comment(s):

Haze said...

track with nelly? hmmmm

Kenny said...

how does morning after dark have the most unique sound of the album...

Kenny said...

how does morning after dark have the most unique sound of the album...

Ed said...

Why wouldn't it be Kenny? I think some Timbo fans are getting a little too picky. Maybe it's your music taste... Personally, I think MAD is the best Timbaland produced song since Give It To Me and Bounce. I find it even better than 4 Minutes!

Venture said...

Hmmm... wait till yall hear that Jo Jo joint!

Frederick said...

JoJo... Tim's "sista" on Blackground, went through the same shi* with that label. Probably let out all their frustrations on that record.

Kenny said...

Uniqueness does not apply to musical taste. The song is very familiar to me, all of it's aspects, drum pattern, melody formation. I wouldn't be saying this if it wasn't for how Tim values his album. Shock Value means to shock us, but nothing had shocked me, Shock Value 1 shocked me. Those songs you have pointed out... Give it to me, Bounce, and 4 minutes... All newer tim works, have you heard all of tim joints? If so then I am amazed you find those 3 tracks better than his older tracks, like The Potion, Dirt off your shoulders, We need a resolution, Big pimpin, jigga.

Timbaland is an amazing producer, it's only right if we expect so much because he CAN do so much.

Ed said...

It's rumored that the deluxe edition will have more unreleased tracks... I hope so! I would kill to hear the tracks Timbo worked with 50 cent, Björk, Madonna's "Across The Sky", Gwen Stefani's "Fast Lane" or Keri Hilson's "Cover's Blow"... I'm looking forward the standard edition of SV2, though.

Ed said...

OK Kenny, I understand your point of view and high expectations... I pointed out those songs because I was comparing MAD with his recent work, they're not my favorite Timbo songs.

I also understand that you see uniqueness as something great that's been thought out of the box. The thing is Timbo is doing a more mainstream sound nowadays, it may not push the envelope but it doesn't mean it's not great...

thepestilence said...

i think the problem with timbo coming with a new sound is that he pushes too far and people sometimes dont get it.and it wont sell.
just look at Scream,Deliverance or Aphrodisia.it takes time for people to appreciate a new sound.thats y he gotta take it slow.
personally i think if he had jt doing scream,it would have become the greatest sound in the biz..
i am really having a hard time with most of the new stuff,cos its just not as complicated,production wise,as Scream.
dont get me wrong i love most of the song off SV2,with the exception of say something.its too plain
regardless of all of that,timbos new songs are better than all of the new music thats out there.
timbo the king

B-Listed said...

He didnt mention BranNu! =S

Kenny said...

Timbaland looks at his tracks too far on the technicalities, like he even explained on the interview video. Although Ed, you say Tim is doing more mainstream, how does he plan on shocking people with mainstream music? Like I said and like Tim said himself, the point of Shock Value is to shock people, he did not deliver anything but average timbaland work. Comparing to small radio hits you hear all the time, then yes, these songs are superb.

Venture said...

Mainstream = music plaid on radios... synonymous with "commercial". It should not define the sound of the music.