Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Keri Hilson - "Do It"























Hey people!! ;)
Finally, the album is out and with it another bonus track came ashore.
The final version of the long leaked track "Do It" by Keri Hilson and produced by Roy "Royalty" Hamilton. If you don't know him, he's a songwriter and record producer, who already worked with Britney Spears, NSINC or Michael Jackson.
Check it out:

Keri Hilson - "Do It"


Cool track!! The final version is way better than the leaked one. Has some more additions to it (or maybe Danja did them?).
And here's some info about the beat. The track contains a sample of the single "My Jamaican Guy" by the artist Grace Jones which released in the year 1883.
The sample was also used by LL Cool J on the track "Doin' It" of his album Mr. Smith.

Here's a snippet of the "My Jamaican Guy"

Grace Jones "My Jamaican Guy"


[[I'm gonna delete the zshare links when I can upload songs to imeem again. or can you do it Haze?]]

3 Comment(s):

Haze said...

yep no worries mate...

Sir Thulsa BOOM said...

Wow.
This is nice.
I never listened to the leaked version of it cause I didn't wanna spoil the album for myself...silly me. lol.
Shoulda been on there.
Just like Quicksand and Happy Juice. I honestly have no clue what Keri was doing. lol.

Frederick said...

Keri's a loser when it comes to picking out tracks, honestly... the fire she wrote for Britney Spears with Danja or the bangers she made with Timbaland in '07 could have made her a star if she applied something similar toward her own studio effort. None of the Polow tracks or the slow songs on this album held water compared to those songs, to be honest.

The final mix of this song is nice, but I think I'll stick to the unfinished version. This one seems too busy for me (even though I said that with another song, but ended up liking the finished version more).