Monday, 23 November 2009

Chris Brown's verse axed from "One I Love"



According to TMZ, Chris Brown's verse on "Maniac" AKA "The One I Love", has been axed. There is speculation to why it has been axed, but no solid reason as to why.

--

A source close to Brown tells TMZ the singer's vocals were removed from a song called "The One I Love" due to the "drama" surrounding him.

Tim's manager, Marcus Spence, confirms Brown was dropped from the song -- but insists the move was a "creative decision for both parties" adding, "There's nothing against Chris. We love Chris."

But according to rapper D.O.E. -- who does appear on the track -- the song was originally called "Maniac" ... but was changed because "some people" didn't think it would be a good idea to attach Brown to a song with that title.

Funny enough -- Timbaland's album will be released the same day as Brown's ... December 8th.

Source: TMZ

--

Props to Edwin

13 Comment(s):

miguel said...

No matter what still not a good reason to axe his verse he should at least do another song with chris or unless the title wouldn't fit that either give chris a break he made a mistake nobody is perfect it's time to move on''let he who without sin cast the first stone'' and nobody should be able to

Introduction said...

I think Tim's label is more apart of Tim's music than Timbaland himself. That's just me.

Vision Works said...

Good.

Anonymous said...

timbaland doesnt know how to run a record label

Unknown said...

Good. i was wondering why the fuck tim worked with a wife beater in the first place.

great decision imo. any fool with half a brain knows that if you got a soing with chris brown on it, it could potentially harm your record sales.

Toss in the fact that why work with a wife beater in the first place is behond me. great decision and fuck chris brown

Anonymous said...

lol how does having Chris harm the sells when he's the reason Ester Dean's - Drop It Low gave her a Top30 song and sold over 280k on digital sell. LMAO! Try again Jono.

"The One I Love" will sound a hot mess without Chris. I've heard the song during the listening him and Keri work together in that song. Either way it's a bad look for that record now, the only chance it had.

Swandito said...

smh @ jono

Unknown said...

who the fuck is Ester Dean? im sure he or she held there own and sold because of his/she's talent. not wife beater Chris.

Sir Thulsa BOOM said...

@ jonneymendoza
Ester Dean is a she. She's a singer/songwriter signed to Polow's Zone 4 Inc. angelwiings is right, though..Chris helped boost the sells. She had a version on her own without him and it didn't get as much play till she threw CB on there. Don't see why Timbo would cut Chris off. How many times must the guy apologize honestly. I'm not condoning what he did but this is getting out of hand already. R Kelly denies his crime and everybody knows it was him but he's still getting mad work. Chris Brown admits he's wrong and it kicks him in the ass...ah, this beautiful world we live in :-)

miguel said...

I agree with you Sir what a beautiful world and country I'm serving to protect we live in what else does he have to do she isn't innocent either and that song is one of the best songs I've heard off of SV2 I always wanted to hear CB on a Tim track...oh well

Frederick said...

We'll always have "Lottery" HAHA! Rob Knox ass beat, James Fauntleroy written ass precursor to the Y's ass song LMFAO shots, shots shots! YEAAAH

What about Danja Handz!? Where's the Danja news!
[/sarcasm]

Anonymous said...

@jonneymendoza- I don't talk BS. So before you come at me go do your research.

Unknown said...

i dont give a fuck about CB imo. im glad he got dropped and R kelly is innocent until proven guilty.