Monday, 23 November 2009

The Y's on "Rated R"

So, The Y's have got two placements on Rihanna's latest album Rated R.
The first one is called "Cold Case Love" and is on the standart version of the album. The second one is called "Hole In My Head", which is a 'Nokie Comes With Music' bonus track.
Check them out:

Rihanna - "Cold Case Love"


Rihanna feat. Justin Timberlake "Hole In My Head"


The Timbaland style influence on those songs is obvious, isn't it?
What do you think of the tracks?

27 Comment(s):

Bilza said...

So you post tracks about The Y's and not Danja?? We demand answers! lol Anyhow the tracks are FIRE!!! Rihanna sounds great!

Bilza said...

obviously JT learnt it off Timbo. Rob Knox is one the producers that comes close to sounding like Timbo. You can only learn from the master ofcourse.

Swandito said...

"So you post tracks about The Y's and not Danja?? We demand answers!"

Black Arrow said...

lol you don't know the whole story and, unfortunately, we can't tell you.

back to topic:
Those tracks are hot!! I don't care if The Y's are biting Tim's stlye because they're doin it REALLY good!!

Anonymous said...

and why do u make such a secret out of it?

Eric Gallais said...

Cold Case Love is so great !!!!bravo
for me the one with Justin is soso like we say in spanish ,I've listened to it several times but I can't remenber it .....
love your page
thanksssss

Anonymous said...

Both these tracks are way better than most new Timbo stuff! "Hole In My Head" is a crazy classic-Tim type sound. And "Cold Case Love" is very musical...great build over the course of the song, great strings, good atmosphere.

Bilza said...

You say you only post Danja news if it's related to Timbaland but then you go ahead and post tracks by the Y's? I just dont get it!

Your silence over this issue leads some people to feel that there's beef between Tim and Danja. Maybe they're fighing over this Auto-tune business or because Danja has his own record label!? Therefore, politics in their relationship is getting involved. lol Note: Danja hates Auto-tune.

However, when I hear Danja on UK radio saying he's still cool with Timbo and workin with him and vica versa from Tim, it gets me all confused! Is either lying to save face?? lol I'm only speculating but we as fans of both producers need the truth. Are you being censored or carrying out orders from Tim's camp??

Black Arrow said...

Damn, I told you. We can't say why. You don't know the whole story. Please discuss this Danja topic in the forum or somewhere else. Further comments about that will be deleted...

tatiana said...

I love both these songs. Cold Case Love is epic. Hole In My Head takes a few listens but it's a grower. The Y's are doing a great job. Paying homage to the master Timbo isn't a bad thing.

Unknown said...

Cold Case Love has a nice feel to it. Rihanna sounds real good vocally as well. I like the concept behind this song. And the music lays a good foundation for it...

Hole In My Head is a descent record. The drums pattern give me the same feel as "Lemme Get That" from her Good Girl Gone Bad album. The horns are a lil to thin for me. I wish they was thicker so they could feel more authentic. It's a o k record. I've definitely heard better from Rihanna...

Kenny said...

I have no idea why you just brought up, "You don't know the whole story" That statement will spark anger, especially making that claim where you know things WE don't. Again, you guys have posted from time to time things that aren't related to Timbaland, as long as it is good music, for me, I don't care at all, but going behind us and telling us that you know things we don't will indeed upset us because we are all fans, just like you. Why hint us something you would never tell?

Aside from this, the two songs are pretty good. Major Tim influence on the Hole in my head, pretty good. Nothing amazing though.

Kenny said...

This site was so much more, now it is just full of harsh criticism and hatred. I say we all just drop the beef and enjoy this lasting thing we call good music.

All in favor say YEAH!!!!

haha

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!

Venture said...

Great tracks, "Hole In My Head" sounds better than 75% of the leaks off of SV2. And to me, 75% of the album.

And as a note, the Danja questions and questions are getting very tiring because we explained that we can't explain details. Please stop asking about it, or I will be forced to delete comments, and shame because some of them contain some nice on-topic posts.

Thank you.

tatiana said...

YEAH!!!! lol

Frederick said...

Jeez, I'm the D-Handz nut and I'M not complaining. Pay attention around these parts and you won't feel as though you've missed anything. They gave us an answer a little while back. Interesting about D'Man on British radio, though, Bliza.

I GOT A HOLE IN MY HEAD. I was just playing that one in the car, sounds great. LOL some of you guys have a hole in your head, in one ear and out the other.

Bilza said...

YEAH! Enough about Danja ok, anyway I find it easier finding his tracks more than here but I needed a bit more clarity as to why exactly, thought maybe I could crack through that armor of urs lol

Better than 75% of album? So that's around what 5 tracks? Good enough for me! lol Almost as much as I liked on SV1. :)

Cold Case Love is way better though, for me we got a classic on our hands right here. Everything is beautifully made. Starts off quiet/atmosphoric, the beat kicks in the middle of the track and then starts rocking. A genuine masterpiece of creative music, somewhat risky but brilliantly written, sung and produced. JT really is a genius.

Introduction said...

Back on topic, Cold Case Love started out amazing...then the second half of the song completely dropped the ball. It was just too much and that obnoxious beatbox and snare was just way too cheesy. I really wish people wouldn't try to add beatboxing in their tracks and just leave that to Tim. The atmosphere and the progression from the first half of the song however, was perfect.

Unknown said...

hey mr timbaland u made a great producer of Justin! Justin u keep rich Rihanna up n up! So keep it on flow go on n go on!

Big-A said...

@Bilza
don't big up JT too much when it comes to The Y's productions. The main brain behind those lyrics are always James Fauntleroy!

thepestilence said...

i gotta say "cold case love" is alot like what timbo would do,still lacking that extra flow.
"hole in my head" is no where close to the level of tim,sure enough justin is trying though.
these 2 song are only better than "say something",other than that SV2 surpasses.
if u check wikipedia for SV2 it credits danja as a producer.
but they didnt mention which songs.
cold case love production progress reminds me of "gravity"by esmee denters.
someone post a new timbo song please...i cant wait till the 4th.

Venture said...

*reads comments* *sighs*

Anonymous said...

YALL TRIPPING. BITING IS BITING. WHEN HAS IT EVER BEEN COOL TO BITE SOMEONE ELSE'S SOUND???

Bilza said...

I agree @Big-A James Fauntleroy is the truth! Beyond genius!

Venture said...

Biting is ok, when your best friend does it... lol sike naw...

Don £ Blaze said...

Cold case love is actually my favourite on her album. The other track is on the standard UK album version!