Sunday, 15 March 2009

Listen Up! So... I pretty much believe we've all heard it, right?



You know what I'm talking about. Keri's debut album... I'm pretty sure about 30% of Keri Hilson's fans have heard most of the album, or all of it, and at the very least know that the album has been fully leaked, being that nearly 80% of Keri's fans are net goers.

We told you about the leak, and anyone with a knowledge of using a computer, turning it on, logging in, opening a internet browser, knowing how to enter urls, going to Google, and searching something that rhymes with... oh say... "sheri wilson in a perfect world rabid hare" could possibly by chance listen to it.

My overall rating? I'm disappointed. But I was prepared for it by the mediocre leaks. This album is just mediocre with two tracks that I think doesn't fit.


...


Those two tracks?


"Intuition" - A nice mid-tempo rnb track about the singer, as the title suggest knowing when her lover is going to screw up and she is going to end up leaving him. The track is accompanied with a very nice repetitive oriental ensemble of what sounds like a mandolin and other oriental instruments like some winds and strings, it may be a sample... but don't be fooled, some producers like myself, like to make it sound as if it was a sample with quick stops, etc... This song is pretty good, but be aware of the annoying snare. And its panorama is on the left, not in the phantom center, which makes it stick out more. Singer sounds good. Inuyasha comes to mind heavily when I hear this track... don't ask why... well I don't care... ask why...

"Where Did He Go?" A rather slower tempo rnb tracks about the singer I suppose missing her previous lover, or current lover. A nice acoustic guitar melody accompanies the track nicely, some nice triangle... which must be the lover of the acoustic guitar in rnb because they are almost always together in a track, but it works wonderfully. Smooth vocals. Singer sounds nice.

...

Since you got past those rants wrapped in review paper, I think those two tracks are on a complete level, and the other tracks don't deserve to be on the album. There are two other tracks that come close to running up. "Tell Him the Truth", which one of our members says makes them reminisce about Aaliyah, and the tease "Intro".

The intro pissed me off. I felt it should of been longer, and it should of went somewhere. Sort of like the feeling I get after leaving that "club". :P


*timpani roll*



C-



Overall like I said... this album is mediocre, nothing "bad" about it. Those two tracks to me sound like two tracks of a great album that gat put in on accident.

8 Comment(s):

Unknown said...

i like this kinda reviewing. you could do it more often and with all tracks :D haha. but seriously i like the musical inspection. well could you do it with old tracks also iunno it seems cool.

Haze said...

Good Venture man, as with dots I like this reviewing style. It's funny how 'where did he go' leaked about a year (or more ago!) and has made the final cut... Personally I like the track but seriously though I have had it for ages and it hasn't been altered at all.

christylez said...

I think the Chris Cornell Album is way better than Keri's album but thats just my opinion

Anonymous said...

I don't agree at all with this review. That's all I can say.

miguel said...

I think they are both dope the more tim the better imo.

Venture said...

Thanks for reading everyone! More Ventureviews on the way! :)

I will try and do it for every new track posted from now on.

Anonymous said...

^^^^^^
yea u should deff do that for every new song cuz u got an interesting perspective lol.

so.... why does it remeind u of inyuyasha? LOL!

Yan said...

The album is good. But it would be better if the old tracks made the final cut (Henny&AppleJuice, MicCheck, LoveYa, DoIt...)